Participation Agreements Being Accepted
The Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS) Adult Cardiac Surgery Database (ACSD) is the world’s permier clinical outcomes registry for adult cardiac surgery. Launched in 1989, the Database contains more than 5.8 milion cardiac surgery procedure records and currently has more than 3,000 participating physicians, including surgeons and anesthesiologists.
STS and the Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists partnered in 2013 to implement an anesthesiology data module for the ACSD. This web-based anesthesiology module is used to collect and benchmark data for anesthesiology participants.
On July 1, 2017, the anesthesiology component of the ACSD was transitioned from the module into vendor software packages currently used for surgical data entry. Also in the works for 2017 is an enhanced web-based reporting dashboard for surgery and anesthesiology outcomes. Provided below is a link that opens a dummy report for the anesthesia data that a site can expect to receive quarterly after joining the database.
Participation benefits include:
- A standardized format for data collection to assess the care of adult patients undergoing cardiothoracic operations;
- Quarterly performance outcomes reports in a risk-adjusted format which allows comparison of local outcomes to regional benchmarks and national standards;
- Optional anesthesiology and atrial fibrillation modules;
Analysis of major outcomes and process-of-care measures that impact adult cardiac surgery patients;
- Composite quality measure scores for isolated CABG, isolated AVR, and CABG + AVR combined;
- Risk profiles of patients in your practice benchmarked against national standards;
- Data Collection and Submission
Collect and submit data via the web-based collection portal. This robust tool will provide comprehensive data fields to capture patient risk factors, operative and anesthetic techniques, processes, and clinical outcomes.
- Annual Fee
The fee for SCA/STS Adult Cardiac Surgery Database participation is $2,500 per anesthesiology group. (Note: this fee is in addition to the participation fee payable by or on behalf of your surgeon colleague participants; their participation is necessary.)
For more information, contact Elizabeth Watkins at email@example.com or (312) 202-5858.