Are you looking to get more involved in your Society? There are many ways to participate in our activities, from serving on a Committee or Special Interest Group (SIG), to writing for the Newsletter.
2021 SCA Research Grants – Apply Now
SCA supports cardiothoracic and vascular research projects. This is the basis for the creation of the SCA/IARS Starter Grant, SCA/IARS Mid-Career Grant and the SCA Diversity and Inclusion Grant.
Three types of grants will be awarded in 2021:
- SCA/IARS Starter Grant – up to $25,000 per year for two years.
- SCA/IARS Mid-Career Grant – up to $50,000 per year for two years.
- SCA Diversity and Inclusion Grant – up to $25,000 per year for two years.
The SCA is committed to promoting the representation of women and underrepresented minority investigators. Diversity is vitally important to advance scientific discovery. Starting with this year’s funding cycle, the SCA is especially encouraging individuals from all racial, ethnic or gender groups to apply.
The awards will be announced during the 2021 SCA Virtual Annual Meeting & Workshops. The grant period of 24 months can begin any time from July 1 to December 31 of the year granted.
Please Note: The Starter Grant and the Diversity and Inclusion Grant request the same information. Upon review, the Research Committee Chair will place your application into the appropriate category for which it should be considered for.
Application Deadline: January 11, 2021
Call for Volunteers
More than 350 SCA members are engaged in the work of the Society by serving on nearly 30 different groups (i.e., Committee, Sub-Committee, Working Group, Task Force, Council). These groups are formed in order to achieve a specific goal designed to enhance the membership experience for Society members. Each group takes a different structure, form and function:
- Committees – Long-standing groups within the Society that focus on larger strategic measures
- Sub-Committees – Support the work of Committees and have a specific focus with specific goals.
- Working Groups – Groups brought together by common knowledge in order to complete detailed work, as outlined by their parent Committee or Sub-Committee
- Task Forces – Small groups assigned to complete a very specific task within a limited period of time. Once the task is complete, the group is dissolved.
Applications for the 2021 Call for Volunteers opening soon.
Need to renew your dues? Have questions about your current involvement and term? Call 855-658-2828.
- Write a Newsletter or Journal article.
- Submit an abstract – abstract submissions for the Annual Meeting & Workshops, Thoracic Anesthesia Symposium, and Echo Week Meeting open several months prior to each meeting.
- Submit a PBLD – Problem-Based Learning Discussions (PBLDs) are a key feature of each year’s Annual Meeting & Workshops. Accepted submissions will be invited to participate in the meeting as a PBLD speaker.
- Connect with us on social media – Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to stay engaged with the Society and your colleagues.
Special Interest Groups
Are you interested in connecting and interacting with colleagues who share similar interests and challenges? An SCA SIG can offer you that opportunity!
Explore SCA’s SIGs:
- Regional Anesthesia for Cardiothoracic Enhanced Recovery Special Interest Group
- Simulation in Cardiothoracic Anesthesia Special Interest Group
- Women In Cardiothoracic Anesthesia (WICTA) Special Interest Group