Guidelines and Standards Sub-Committee
STRATEGIC PLAN GOAL: LEADERSHIP
SCA will be a recognized resource for healthcare providers engaged in the care of patients undergoing cardiovascular and thoracic procedures.
The Guidelines and Standards Sub-Committee is responsible for overseeing the development of standards and guidelines adopted and promoted by the SCA.
The purpose of the sub-committee is to:
1. To monitor existing SCA standards and guidelines; and recommends revision or recession when appropriate to the Board.
2. To recommend new standards or guidelines as needed.
3. To recommend to the Board the acceptability of proposed standards, guidelines, and related documents.
4. To guide and monitor the solicitation of member comment on SCA standards and guidelines through email distribution lists (listservs) before they are recommended to the Board.
5. To hold or delegate the holding of open hearings on standards when this option for gathering member comments is employed.
The sub-committee reports to the Quality & Safety Leadership Committee.
The sub-committee meets at least once per year.
The sub-committee is composed of the Chair, Parent Committee (QSL) Chair, and up to seven other members. A Board Liaison may be appointed at the discretion of the President.
Sub-committee members serve for a term of two years for any number of terms, but not more than three terms consecutively.
|Full Name||Institution||Committee Title||Term Ends|
|Michael Boisen, MD||University of Pittsburgh||Chair||April, 2021|
|Bessie Kachulis, MD||Columbia University Medical Center||Vice-Chair||April, 2022|
|Bruce A. Bollen, MD||Missoula Anesthesiology / International Heart Institute of Montana||Parent Committee Chair||April, 2021|
|Amanda Fox, MD MPH||University of Texas Southwestern Medical||Board Liaison||April, 2021|
|Shiva M. Sale, MD||Cleveland Clinic Foundation||Member||April, 2021|
|Thomas B. Gentilcore, MD||Punxsutawney Area Hospital||Member||April, 2021|
|Theodore Cios, MD MPH||Penn State Health Hershey Medical Center||Member||April, 2021|
|Marie McHenry||Stanford Hospital and Clinics and Sutter CPMC||Member||April, 2022|
|Marco A. Aguirre, MD||UT Southwestern Medical Center||Member||April, 2021|
|Marc E. Stone, MD||Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai||Member||April, 2021|
|Kofi Vandyck, MD||University of Oklahoma Health Science Center||Member||April, 2022|
|Jonathan Zoller, MD||Washington University in St. Louis School of Medicine||Member||April, 2021|
|Domagoj Mladinov, MD PhD||University of Alabama at Birmingham||Member||April, 2022|
|Amanda M Kleiman, MD||University of Virginia||Member||April, 2021|
|Ali Salehi, MD||Ronald Regan UCLA Medical Center||Member||April, 2021|
|Meena Bhatia, MD||University of North Carolina||Member||April, 2021|