Quality & Safety Leadership Committee
STRATEGIC PLAN GOAL: LEADERSHIP
SCA will be a recognized resource for healthcare providers engaged in the care of patients undergoing cardiovascular and thoracic procedures.
To identify and create synergy between the Society and other professional and affiliate societies by exchanging liaisons to engage in thought-leadership discussions.
Quality and safety is a focus of the SCA and its members. The committee combines the knowledge and experience of its various sub-committees, task forces and working groups to enhance the overall resources for expanding quality and safety in the field.
Specific duties include:
- To develop a coordinated approach to initiatives and projects positioning the SCA as a recognized international leader in quality, safety, and patient care.
- To develop new quality, safety, and patient care initiatives that would be in the interest of the SCA and its membership.
- To manage current projects or committees, including:
- SCA/STS Database Task Force
Guidelines and Standards Sub-Committee
- Clinical Practice Improvement Project Sub-Committee
- Atrial Fibrillation Working Group
- Blood Conservation Working Group
- Neurocognitive Outcomes (Neurological/Cerebral Protection) Working Group
- Kaplan Leadership Development Award Review Sub-Committee
- SCA/STS Database Task Force
The committee reports to the SCA Board of Directors.
The committee meets at least once per year.
The committee is composed of the Chair, Chairs of each QSL Sub-Committee, an STS Representative, and up to eleven other committee members. A Board Liaison may be appointed at the discretion of the President.
Committee members serve for a term of two years.
|Tjorvi E. Perry, MD||University of Minnesota|
|Timothy Heinke, MD||Medical University of South Carolina|
|Teresa Anita Mulaikal, MD||Columbia University|
|Stefan A. Ianchulev, MD||Tufts Medical Center|
|Srdjan Jelacic, MD||University of Washington|
|Michael Boisen, MD||University of Pittsburgh|
|R. Lebron Cooper, MD||University of Tennessee Health Science Center|
|Rebecca M. Bauer, MD, MPH||University of Massachusetts|
|Philip E. Greilich, MD||UT Southwestern|
|Nanette M. Schwann, MD||Lehigh Valley Hospital & Health Network|
|Nadia Hensley, MD||Johns Hopkins University|
|Miklos D. Kertai, MD PhD||Vanderbilt|
|Michael A. Mazzeffi, MD MPH||University of Maryland|
|Michael Grant, MD||Johns Hopkins|
|Laurent G. Glance, MD||University of Rochester School of Medicine|
|Kenneth R. Catchpole, MD||Medical University of South Carolina|
|Kathy Glas, MD FASE MBA||Emory University School of Medicine|
|Heather Hayanga, MD MPH||West Virginia University|
|Gaetano (Guy) Paone, MD|
|Elizabeth Herrera, MD||Houston Methodist Hospital|
|Bruce A. Bollen, MD||Missoula Anesthesiology/International Heart Institute of Montana|
|Bradlee J. Bachar|
|Benu Makkad, MD||University of Cincinnati Medical Center|
|Atilio Barbeito, MD||Duke University Medical Center|
|Amanda J. Rhee, MD||Mount Sinai Medical Center|