Are you looking to get more involved in your Society? There are many ways to participate in our activities, from serving on a Committee or Special Interest Group (SIG), to writing for the Newsletter.
2020 Call for Nominations
The SCA seeks nominations for the following positions:
Director-at-Large (2 openings)
- Term: 3-year term commencing in April 2020.
- Overview: The Director-at-Large will bring expertise in cardiovascular anesthesiology, governance, and finance to the Board. The ideal candidate will have prior SCA involvement experience. Must attend up to 4 Board meetings per year.
Continuing Medical Education (CME) Committee Member (1 opening)
- Term: Up to a 4-year term commencing in April 2020.
- Overview: The CME Committee leads and facilitates the independent development of unbiased, scientifically balanced, CME activities. Must be able to attend up to 2 CME Committee meetings. The ideal candidate will have prior SCA involvement experience.
*NEW* Early Career Board of Director (2 openings)
The 2020 Call for Nominations is now closed.
Questions? Call us at 855.658.2828 or email email@example.com.
2018 Salary Survey
The 2018 Salary Survey results are now available to all SCA members. Click Here to view the results.
2020 Call for Volunteers
More than 350 SCA members are engaged in the work of the Society by serving on nearly 30 different groups (i.e., Committee, Sub-Committee, Working Group, Task Force, Council). These groups are formed in order to achieve a specific goal designed to enhance the membership experience for Society members. Each group takes a different structure, form and function:
- Committees – Long-standing groups within the Society that focus on larger strategic measures
- Sub-Committees – Support the work of Committees and have a specific focus with specific goals.
- Working Groups – Groups brought together by common knowledge in order to complete detailed work, as outlined by their parent Committee or Sub-Committee
- Task Forces – Small groups assigned to complete a very specific task within a limited period of time. Once the task is complete, the group is dissolved.
The 2020 Call for Volunteers opens in January 2020.
Need to renew your dues? Have questions about your current involvement and term? Call 855.658.2828 or 847.375.6313.
Special Interest Groups
Are you interested in connecting and interacting with colleagues who share similar interests and challenges? An SCA SIG can offer you that opportunity! Click here to form a SIG.
*NEW* Women In Cardiothoracic Anesthesia Special Interest Group - Join Now!
- Write a Newsletter or Journal article.
- Submit an abstract - abstract submissions for the Annual Meeting & Workshops, Thoracic Anesthesia Symposium, and Echo Week Meeting open several months prior to each meeting. Visit the Call for Submissions page for more information on the upcoming submission periods.
- Submit a PBLD - Problem-Based Learning Discussions (PBLDs) are a key feature of each year's Annual Meeting & Workshops. Accepted submissions will be invited to participate in the meeting as a PBLD speaker.
- Connect with us on social media - Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to stay engaged with the Society and your colleagues.