Are you looking to get more involved in your Society? There are many ways to participate in our activities, from serving on a Committee or Special Interest Group (SIG), to writing for the Newsletter.
2019 Election Results
The new additions to your SCA Leadership are:
- Andrew Shaw, MB FRCA FFICM FCCM MMHC, University of Alberta
- Mark A. Taylor, MD FASE, Cleveland Clinic
Board of Directors
- James (Jake) H. Abernathy III, MD MPH FASE FAHA, Johns Hopkins University
- Amanda A. Fox, MD MPH, UT, Southwestern Medical Center
- Alexander Mittnacht, MD, Mount Sinai Medical Center
- Annemarie Thompson, MD, Duke University
CME Committee Member
- Brandi A. Bottiger, MD, Duke University
- Jacob T. Gutsche, MD FASE, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
- Adriaan Van Rensburg, MB ChB MMED(ANES) FCA(SA) MD FRCPC, University of Toronto
2018 Salary Survey
The 2018 Salary Survey results have been distributed to those who participated. If you participated in the survey and have not received the results, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
2019 Call for Volunteers
More than 350 SCA members are engaged in the work of the Society by serving on nearly 30 different groups (i.e., Committee, Sub-Committee, Working Group, Task Force, Council). These groups are formed in order to achieve a specific goal designed to enhance the membership experience for Society members. Each group takes a different structure, form and function:
- Committees – Long-standing groups within the Society that focus on larger strategic measures
- Sub-Committees – Support the work of Committees
- Working Groups – Groups brought together by common knowledge in order to complete detailed work, as outlined by their parent Committee or Sub-Committee
- Task Forces – Small groups that come together to complete a very specific task. Once the task is complete, the group is dissolved
The 2019 Call for Volunteers is now closed. Thank you to all those who applied!
Need to renew your dues? Have questions about your current involvement and term? Call 855.658.2828 or 847.375.6313.
Special Interest Groups
Are you interested in connecting and interacting with colleagues who share similar interests and challenges? An SCA SIG can offer you that opportunity! Click here to form a SIG.
*NEW* Women In Cardiothoracic Anesthesia Special Interest Group - Join Now!
- Write a Newsletter or Journal article
- Submit an abstract - abstract submission for the Annual Meeting & Workshops, Thoracic Anesthesia Symposium, and Echo Week Meeting opens several months prior to each meeting. Visit the Meetings and Events page for more information on the upcoming submission periods.
- Submit a PBLD - Problem-Based Learning Discussions (PBLDs) are a key feature of each year's Annual Meeting & Workshops. Accepted submissions will be invited to participate in the meeting as a PBLD speaker.
- Connect with us on social media - Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter to stay engaged with the Society and your colleagues.