Are you looking to get more involved in your Society? There are many ways to participate in our activities, from serving on a Committee or Special Interest Group (SIG), to writing for the Newsletter.
2020 Society Elections
The election ballot is now open. All active and associate members in good standing with the Society are eligible to vote.
Make sure to check your email and your spam folder for your personalized link to the electronic ballot.
Contact email@example.com if you did not receive the email.
The SCA Nominating Committee, chaired by Immediate Past President Dr. Christopher A. Troianos, is pleased to endorse the following candidates for the 2020 election cycle.
Director-at-Large (2 openings)
- Frederick C. Cobey, FASE MD MPH, Tufts Medical Center
- Michael P. Eaton, MD FASA, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry
- Hilary P. Grocott, MD FRCPC FASE, University of Manitoba
- Alexander Mittnacht, MD, Westchester Medical Center
- Gordon Morewood, MD MBA FASE FASA, Temple University
- Kenichi Tanaka, MD MSC, University of Maryland School of Medicine
Continuing Medical Education (CME) Committee Member (1 opening)
- Sherif Assaad, MD, Cleveland Clinic
- Elvera L. Baron, MD PhD, The Mount Sinai Hospital
- Nirvik Pal, MD, Virginia Commonwealth University
- Ali Salehi, MD, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA
- Muoi A. Trinh, MD MPH, Mount Sinai, Icahn School of Medicine
*NEW* Early Career Board of Director (2 openings)
- Jessica Brodt, MBBS, Stanford University School of Medicine
- Nadia B. Hensley, MD, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Yasdet Maldonado, MD MMM, Cleveland Clinic
- Emily Methangkool, MD MPH, UCLA Medical Center
- Peter Neuburger, MD, NYU Langone Health
- Michele Sumler, MD FASE, Emory University School of Medicine
Please Note: The Early Career Board of Director position is dependent on the membership’s approval of the 2019 Bylaw amendments. Final decisions on these Bylaws amendments will not be available until April 1, 2020.
2020 Call for Volunteers - Now Open!
More than 350 SCA members are engaged in the work of the Society by serving on nearly 30 different groups (i.e., Committee, Sub-Committee, Working Group, Task Force, Council). These groups are formed in order to achieve a specific goal designed to enhance the membership experience for Society members. Each group takes a different structure, form and function:
- Committees – Long-standing groups within the Society that focus on larger strategic measures
- Sub-Committees – Support the work of Committees and have a specific focus with specific goals.
- Working Groups – Groups brought together by common knowledge in order to complete detailed work, as outlined by their parent Committee or Sub-Committee
- Task Forces – Small groups assigned to complete a very specific task within a limited period of time. Once the task is complete, the group is dissolved.
Applications are due by 11:59 pm (Central) on February 12, 2020.
Click Here for Application Information
Click Here to Begin Your Application
Need to renew your dues? Have questions about your current involvement and term? Call 855.658.2828 or 847.375.6313.
2018 Salary Survey
The 2018 Salary Survey results are now available to all SCA members. Click Here to view the results.
Special Interest Groups
Are you interested in connecting and interacting with colleagues who share similar interests and challenges? An SCA SIG can offer you that opportunity! Click here to form a SIG.
*NEW* Women In Cardiothoracic Anesthesia Special Interest Group - Join Now!
- Write a Newsletter or Journal article.
- Submit an abstract - abstract submissions for the Annual Meeting & Workshops, Thoracic Anesthesia Symposium, and Echo Week Meeting open several months prior to each meeting. Visit the Call for Submissions page for more information on the upcoming submission periods.
- Submit a PBLD - Problem-Based Learning Discussions (PBLDs) are a key feature of each year's Annual Meeting & Workshops. Accepted submissions will be invited to participate in the meeting as a PBLD speaker.
- Connect with us on social media - Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to stay engaged with the Society and your colleagues.