Are you looking to get more involved in your Society? There are many ways to participate in our activities, from serving on a Committee or Special Interest Group (SIG), to writing for the Newsletter.
2018 Society Elections
The SCA Nominating Committee, chaired by Immediate Past President Dr. Linda Shore-Lesserson, is pleased to endorse the following candidates for the 2018 election cycle. Information about each candidate will be available in the February newsletter and the online election system. The online election system will open in February, 2018.
The nominees for Board of Directors for 2018–2021 are (2 available openings):
- Kathy Glas, Emory University School of Medicine
- Tara Brakke, University of Nebraska Medical Center
- Alexander Mittnacht, The Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
- Nikolaos Skubas, Cleveland Clinic
One position is available for the CME Committee for 2018–2022, among these nominees:
- Jiapeng Huang, Jewish Hospital and St. Mary’s Healthcare
- Alessia Pedoto, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- Jennifer Hargrave, Cleveland Clinic
- Barbara Wilkey, University of Colorado
2018 Call for Volunteers
More than 350 SCA members are engaged in the work of the Society by serving on nearly 30 different groups (i.e. Committee, Sub-Committee, Working Group, Task Force, Council). These groups are formed in order to achieve a specific goal designed to enhance the membership experience for Society members. Each takes a different structure, form and function:
- Committees – Long-standing groups within the Society that focus on larger strategic measures
- Sub-Committees – Support the work of Committees
- Working Groups – Groups brought together by common knowledge in order to complete detailed work, as outlined by their parent Committee or Sub-Committee
- Task Forces – Small groups that come together to complete a very specific task. Once the task is complete, the group is dissolved
Current SCA members are invited to apply for a two-year term on up to 3 of our Society groups. No member may serve on more than one group (standing committees aside) at a time - please keep this in mind if you are already a group member. Need to renew your dues? Call 855.658.2828 or 847.375.6313.
Download Eligibility Requirements
The online application is due by 11:59 pm (Central) on Monday, February 19, 2018. You must also send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants will be notified of the disposition of their submission in March, 2018.
Special Interest Groups
Are you interested in connecting and interacting with colleagues who share similar interests and challenges? An SCA SIG can offer you that opportunity! Click here to form a SIG.
- Write a Newsletter or Journal article
- Submit an abstract - abstract submission for the Annual Meeting & Workshops, Thoracic Anesthesia Symposium, and Echo Week Meeting opens several months prior to each meeting. Visit the Meetings and Events page for more information on the upcoming submission periods.
- Submit a PBLD - Problem-Based Learning Discussions (PBLDs) are a key feature of each year's Annual Meeting & Workshops. Accepted submissions will be invited to participate in the meeting as a PBLD speaker.
- Connect with us on social media - Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter to stay engaged with the Society and your colleagues.