The Match Exception Agreement process is now closed.
The exception agreement process is tied to the account of each program's director and your membership must be active. You will need to login with your SCA username and password. Once you complete this portion of the process, your applicant will receive an email with a link to the form that they must complete. Upon completion of both forms, you will receive a confirmation email that the match exception agreement is complete.
Questions? Contact Member Services at (US) 855.658.2828 or (International) 847.375.6362 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to provide more consistency and predictability to the ACTA fellowship application process, the ACTA programs participate in a common application and match process provided by SF Match for recruitment.
Applicants and programs will participate by registering with SF Match and applicants applying to the programs of their choice. Both programs and applicants will submit a rank list based on their preferences. Notably, only programs where an applicant has interviewed can be listed in this process.
Exceptions to the standard match process have been agreed upon by the ACTA Fellowship Program Directors Council allowing an exception agreement to occur between an applicant and program at the program director’s discretion, in the following situations:
- Applicants who are in active military service at the time of application.
- Internal candidates, i.e. applicants who are currently in the anesthesiology residency program at the same institution as the ACTA fellowship.
- Applicants who are making a commitment to come to the institution of the ACTA fellowship for more than one year.
- Applicants who are enrolled in an anesthesiology residency outside of the USA at the time of application.
- Applicants who reside outside the USA at the time of application or who are not eligible for ABA certification due non US training.
- Applicants whose spouse or partner is applying for a GME-approved post graduate training program in a medical specialty in the same region as the ACTA fellowship.
Please note the following:
Eligible applicants who wish to take advantage of an exception rule are still required to participate in the match ranking process and must complete an exception agreement with their future program director.
Any match irregularities will be referred to the ACTA Fellowship Program Directors Council leadership.
Program Directors complete the first part of the match exception process, with applicants completing the second half.