SCA supports cardiothoracic and vascular research projects. This is the basis for the creation of the SCA/IARS Starter Grants and SCA/IARS Mid-Career Grants.
2019 Research Grant Opportunities
- Two types of grants will be awarded in 2019:
- SCA/IARS Starter Grant - up to $25,000 per year for two years.
- SCA/IARS Mid-Career Grant - up to $50,000 per year for two years.
- Applications will close on February 4, 2019.
- Member, Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists at the time of application.
- MD or PhD or equivalent degree.
- Primary Investigators (PI) on active NIH grants or other (inter)national peer-reviewed grants with > $50,000 per year are not eligible.
- Previous Starter or Roizen Grant recipients are only eligible for Mid-Career Grants.
- Grants will be judged relative to peers in the grant category submitted.
- Eligible research projects should be completed within three years after the award of the grant.
- Starter Grants: PI must be within five years of finishing training and have an academic appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor or less.
- Mid-Career Grants: PI must be at the level of Associate Professor or less; previous Mid-Career Grant recipients are not eligible for additional awards.
Research Grant Submission Instructions
Title Page Template
The application must be submitted no later than 11:59 pm (Central) on February 4, 2019.
The awards will be announced at the 2019 SCA Annual Meeting & Workshops. We encourage all applicants to plan to attend the meeting for the award ceremony. Grant recipients are required to present their work at a subsequent SCA Annual Meeting. The grant period of 12 to 24 months can begin any time from July 1 to December 31 of the year granted. At twelve and twenty-four months from the grant inception date a report on the status of the research project will be due to the Research Committee.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.