This award is designed to motivate physicians early in their training to pursue their interest in research that investigates topics in cardiac, thoracic, and vascular anesthesia and disease. Eligible abstracts submitted for consideration to the Scientific Program will be considered for one of five $1,000 travel grant awards.
- Award applications should be emailed firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications are due on January 8, 2019.
- SCA Management will notify you of the status of your application in February 2019.
- Submitting abstract author must:
- Be enrolled in an Anesthesiology Residency or Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology Fellowship program, or have completed such training in the previous 12 months prior to the SCA Annual Meeting
- Be an SCA member
- Have performed the majority of the research
- The abstract must be submitted to the Annual Meeting’s Scientific Program abstract call. Abstracts submitted to any other call will not be considered
- Joint first author abstracts are not eligible for consideration
- The research must be an original, scientifically sound, hypothesis-driven exploration
- The abstract must be unpublished in manuscript form
- The abstract may be simultaneously submitted for publication, but it must be under publication embargo (online or print) until after the SCA Annual Meeting
View Application Requirements