Participates in SF Match: Yes
Chair: James M. Anton, MD
Adult Cardiovascular Anesthesia Fellowship Director: Daniel A. Tolpin, MD
Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center/Texas Heart Institute
Houston, TX, 77030
Program Coordinator: Michelle Farley
General Program Information:
Number of positions: 10
Additional Fellowship Training Available: Clinical/Basic Research; Clinical/Clinical Research
Annual Salary: $65,777
Number of Fellows Completing Training in Previous 5 Years: 50
Conference Available to Fellows:
- The didactic curricula is provided through lectures
- Conferences necessary for the fellows to acquire the knowledge to care for adult cardiothoracic patients.
- Weekly fellow conferences are held on Monday mornings.
- Friday morning echo rounds conferences are held weekly throughout the year.
- Monthly journal clubs are held once a month.
- Monthly TEE book study sessions are held once a month.
- Baylor College of Medicine offers grand rounds monthly
Academic Fellow Activities:
In the previous 5 years, Fellows were 1st or 2nd Author on:
Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles:
Number of CPB Procedures: 1,226
Number of Cardiac Procedures: 2,100
Number of off-CPB Cardiac Procedures: 400
Non-Cardiac Thoracic Procedures: 300
Heart, Lung and Heart/Lung Transplants: 50
Major Vascular Procedures: 100