There is a growing demand for cardiac anesthesiologists to have the knowledge and skills to perform and interpret perioperative ultrasound images. There has been interest from institutions to utilize the Perioperative Ultrasound Course as part of the training program for their interns, residents, and fellows.
In an effort to help institutions meet this demand, SCA, in collaboration with iTeachU, is pleased to introduce the Perioperative Ultrasound Institutional Program.
Course completion requirements for the Perioperative Ultrasound Institutional Program will be created and managed by each institution on an individual basis. Learners are responsible for understanding and completing the requirements set forth by their institution.
- Each institution will determine which components of the online course are required and what, if any, recognition will be provided to the learner for completing the online course.
- Individual institutions will determine what, if any, hands-on training will be required.
- Individual institutions will determine the requirements for any logbook of clinical activity they deem necessary.
Please note: this is a non-CME program, and cannot be used to claim CME credits.
There are 6 subjects included in the course for the institution to assign to its learners. There are tutorials, case studies, and assessments for each subjects:
- Basic Transthoracic Echocardiography (TTE)
- Abdomen and Peri-arrest
- Basic Transesophageal Echocardiograpy (TEE)
The course will take approximately 100 hours to complete.
Academic and private practice anesthesiologists, residents, and fellows providing patient care in a teaching or community-based health care settings.
The institutional program is available for programs purchasing five or more course vouchers. If you would like more information about the course and do not meet this requirement, please click here.
Contact the SCA Education Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested in pursuing the educational opportunity for your institution.