Call for Problem-Based Learning Discussions (PBLDs)
We invite you to submit a Problem-Based Learning Discussion (PBLD) to be considered for presentation at SCA's 41st Annual Meeting & Workshops at the in Chicago, IL from May 18-21, 2019.
PBLDs are small-group one hour sessions. Moderators will present a case scenario followed by discussion questions for participants to provide their opinions.
A PBLD creates a learning situation for participants to apply their knowledge to answer clinical dilemmas created in the case presentation. PBLDs serve to open up new topics of discussion, suggest alternative management strategies, and encourage communication among participants.
- Call opens on July 16, 2018
- Call closes at 11:59 pm (Eastern) on August 7, 2018
- Additional submissions will not be accepted after the submission system closes
- If you do not receive an email confirmation within 30 minutes of submitting the PBLD, please call SCA Member Services for assistance:
- (US) 855.658.2828
- (International) 847.375.6313
- Only one submission per person will be considered
- Submitters will be notified in September 2018 regarding the status of their PBLD
PBLD Submission Requirements
When submitting a PBLD, you will be asked to complete the following information:
- Primary Moderator Information*
- Co-Moderator Information (Optional)
- PBLD Title*
- Session Objectives*
- Overview of the Case Presentation*
- Case Questions (Optional)
Optional fields will be required at a later date.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions. Email the SCA Education Department at email@example.com. We look forward to reviewing your submissions!