The Vision of the SCA CME Program: The Society is committed to the advancement of perioperative care of patients with cardiovascular and thoracic diseases through education and research.
The Mission of the SCA CME Program: In support of the Society's mission statement, the mission of the Society's CME program is to provide anesthesiologists, through a broad variety of educational meetings, enduring materials, and electronic media, with the information and skills that will reinforce their knowledge base and introduce new concepts and clinical practice skills involving the perioperative care of patients with cardiovascular and thoracic disease. It is expected that these educational opportunities will enhance the practitioners’ clinical practice skills.
The Goals of the SCA CME Program:
- To provide ongoing CME activities designed to enhance:
- the understanding of cardiovascular and pulmonary physiology and pathology,
- the treatment of disease processes affecting the cardiovascular and pulmonary systems,
- the perioperative management of patients with these disease processes, and
- the evidence-based knowledge of the most efficacious and current perioperative care for these patients;
- the understanding of quality and patient care safety.
- To provide an Annual Scientific Meeting to the members as a forum for knowledge that includes the opportunity for expression of new clinical insights, research results, hands-on applications and courses that will enhance the effectiveness and cost efficiencies of perioperative care for cardiovascular and thoracic applications;
- To provide state-of-the-art meetings dealing with specific topics that will enhance the clinical effectiveness and cost effectiveness of cardiovascular and thoracic perioperative care;
- To consider, with full compliance of the ACCME’s Essentials, joint sponsorship, with non-accredited entities of meetings that meet the mission of SCA.
- Provide interactive education, including simulation
Types of Education Formats: CME activities may contain any combination of the following educational formats: plenary sessions, concurrent sessions, workshops, roundtables, refresher courses, poster discussions, demonstrations, publications, case discussions, internet-based education and electronic media.
Participants in SCA CME Activities: 1) Attendance and/or registration shall be open to all healthcare practitioners, provided an appropriate registration fee is paid; 2) CME credit will only be offered to M.D.s or D.O.s, or the equivalent. Certificates of Attendance will be offered to all registrants.
Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists
2209 Dickens Road
Richmond, VA 23230-2005
© 2011 Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists
Questions or comments? Please send email to email@example.com