Welcome to the SCA 21st Annual Echo Week Faculty Resource Page!
Thank you for agreeing to present for the Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists Echo Week in Atlanta, GA! Please use this page as a tool to plan your stay, prepare for your session(s), and learn more about the meeting. We will continue to update and maintain this resource page with details pertinent to our speakers, so check back often. We hope this information will help make your conference experience an enjoyable and successful one.
If you have additional questions, please contact SCA Headquarters at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your contribution to the meeting; your presentation will help make it an outstanding educational event. We look forward to seeing you in Atlanta!
All speakers are expected to contribute to the online syllabus that is available to all registered meeting attendees by uploading handouts, including presentation slides, to the Faculty Information Center. Submitting your material on time will help us:
- Create a more meaningful learning experience
- Assist attendees in comprehending all the available material at our education event
- Provide a great reference tool for attendees to utilize after the meeting
- Allow attendees to focus more on the content of the presentation and less on copying slides.
- Business attire is appropriate for all educational sessions. Professional demeanor, in both speech and attire, is expected at all times during the conference.
- Speakers must use the Echo Week presentation template for their title slide for recording purposes.
- There will be one dedicated computer at the podium with PowerPoint and Keynote capability. Slides must be sized for widescreen presentation (16x9).
- All presentations must be of educational nature, and may not be used to promote products or services.
- Any additional handouts (i.e. case studies, journal articles, etc.) are the speaker's responsibility to print and distribute to attendees.
- All speakers must upload their presentations in the Speaker Ready Room at least one hour prior to their presentation.
- If there are any copyright concerns regarding content on specific slides of your presentation that may not be covered under the Fair Use Law, you may inform Learner's Digest of the slides that I would like deleted from the On Demand product. Should you decide to delete any slides, you must notify Pamela Burrage of the slides to be deleted by email at email@example.com within one week after your presentation.
- Limit the information on a single slide.
- Use a 24 point font as your minimum size - remember, those sitting in the back of the room should still be able to read your slide.
- Please keep in mind that the number of session attendees could range between 75 and 250 people.
- Be consistent in presenting information in an organized, logical manner.
- Do not use more than four colors in your presentation. Avoid red letters, which are difficult for some people to read. The best readability comes from high contrast of intensity rather than by clashes of color.
- Create slides to highlight your presentation, not to duplicate exactly what you will say.
- It is recommended that you include your contact information on the last slide of your presentation for attendees to contact you with follow-up questions.
- Make good use of color contrast.
- Rehearse your presentation. SCA’s Speaker Ready Room is available onsite for this purpose. Please check this site closer to the date of the meeting for the exact room assignment of the Speaker Ready Room.
- Any graphic included in the presentation (i.e. media and video) should be embedded in the presentation file to minimize the file size.
The following items must be completed in the Faculty Information Center by the specified dates:
October 3, 2017
|December 18, 2017
|January 8, 2018
|January 22, 2018
Please contact SCA at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you are unable to complete these requirements by the deadline, or need assistance accessing the Faculty Information Center.
Registration and Reimbursement
Registration: Speakers will receive complimentary registration and SCA Headquarters will complete the registration process on the speakers' behalf.
: Speakers will be reimbursed for the following expenses:
- Airfare: Non-refundable, 21-day advance coach restricted
- Ground Transportation: Actual expenses up to $100 may include transportation to and from the airport at departure and destination, and parking at the airport where the flight originated. Taxi fare between the hotel and convention center, or any other destination other than the airport will not be reimbursed. Rental cars will be reimbursed only up to the average two-way taxi fare between the destination airport and the metting headquarters hotel. Parking of rental cars will not be reimbursed. Copy of receipts required.
- Mileage: Reimbursable at the rate published by US Internal Revenue Service up to a maximum of $50.
- Lodging: Complimentary room block hotel room rate plus tax for days required to be at the meeting plus one for travel.
- Daily Expenses: The following items are reimbursable up to $100 per day for days required to be at the meeting plus one for travel (based on actual expenses and receipts are required).
- Baggage Fees (1 checked bag)
Please return the completed expense report form along with your receipts to email@example.com
. More information about reimbursement will be sent a few weeks prior to the meeting.
Upon Arriving in Atlanta, GA
Check-In at Registration
All speakers MUST check in at the Registration Area prior to your presentations. SCA staff will have your name badge and other relevant registration materials.
Room sizes range from approximately 75-900 people each. Assignments will be printed in the onsite Program Book that you will receive upon check-in at the registration desk. Please check back for more details in March 2018.
All speakers MUST upload their presentation in the Speaker Ready Room at least one hour prior to their presentation.
Please contact SCA Headquarters at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you are unable to upload your presentation.
Please arrive at the room assigned for your session at least 15 minutes prior to its start time. Be sure to bring an additional copy of your presentation.
Your session(s) may be recorded for the Echo Week On Demand product unless you notify SCA Staff prior to the meeting via email
that you would like to opt out.