Welcome to the SCA 20th Annual Comprehensive Review & Update of Perioperative Echo Faculty Resource Page!
Congratulations on being selected as faculty for this special 20th Anniversary of the SCA’s Comprehensive Review & Update of Perioperative Echo in Atlanta! In preparation for Echo Week, please reference this page for information about the meeting, location, and various speaker/moderator requirements. We will continue to update and maintain this resource page with details, dates, times and information pertinent to speakers; check back here often. We hope this information will help make your conference experience an enjoyable and successful one.
If you have any questions, please contact SCA Staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your contribution to Echo Week; your presentation will help make this monumental anniversary meeting an outstanding educational event. We look forward to seeing you in Atlanta!
-The 2017 Echo Program Planning Committee
Speaker Registration and Reimbursement
Registration: Speakers will be registered for the meeting.
Reimbursement: Speakers will be reimbursed for the following expenses:
- Airfare: Non-refundable, 21-day advance coach restricted
- Ground Transportation: Actual expenses up to $100 may include transportation to and from the airport at departure and destination, and parking at the airport where the flight originated. Taxi fare between the hotel and convention center, or any other destination other than the airport will not be reimbursed. Rental cars will be reimbursed only up to the average two-way taxi fare between the destination airport and the meeting headquarters hotel. Parking of rental cars will not be reimbursed. Copy of receipts required.
- Mileage: Reimbursable at the rate published by US Internal Revenue Service up to a maximum of $50.• Lodging: Complimentary room block hotel room rate plus tax for days required to be at the meeting plus one for travel.
- Daily Expenses: The following items are reimbursable up to $100 per day for days required to be at the meeting plus one for travel (based on actual expenses and receipts are required)
- Baggage Fees (1 checked bag)
Please download and complete the SCA Expense Report below. Return the completed form along with your receipts to email@example.com.
Expense Report Form
Lodging and Travel Information
Lodging: SCA has secured a room block at the Loews Atlanta Hotel. Speakers are responsible for making their own reservations. SCA will cover the number of nights you are entitled to on the master bill while the remainder and incidentals will be charged to the speaker’s credit card. Rooms are available until the block is filled or until May 1, 2017.
Loews Atlanta Hotel
1065 Peachtree Street NE
Atlanta, GA 30309
Direct Line: 404.745.5000
Online Hotel Reservations
Room Rate: $205 single/double occupancy.
Travel: Travel accommodations (air/train/bus) must be booked at least 21 days in advance of your departure. If you cannot book within 21 days in advance, please contact SCA staff for approval.
The nearest airport is Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL), It is efficient and easy to use, offering several airlines (more than a million seats each month) and competitive fares.
Make your visit to Atlanta a road trip! Onsite parking is available. The Loews Atlanta Hotel provides convenient on-site self-parking and valet parking for overnight guest and non-guest.
Rates quoted above reflect a 20% discount for Echo Week attendees. Please be sure to mention you are attending Echo Week to receive this special discounted rate.
*Parking rates subject to change. Please refer to the hotel website for more information. SCA does not reimburse for parking.
The Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA) train system has connections between the airport and Downtown, Midtown, Buckhead and the Perimeter for easy Atlanta travel. The closest station to the hotel is the Midtown Stop, just two blocks away. The fare is $2.50 each way, and passengers must purchase the Breeze Card from station vending machines to ride. Multi-trip passes, as well as one- to 30-day passes are also available. Remember, MARTA stops running each night at 1 AM.
Presentation Deadlines, Guidelines and Suggestions
All speakers are expected to submit a .pdf of their presentation(s) to the SCA so that they are available to all registered Echo Week attendees. Our attendees will benefit greatly from your presentation material. Getting your material in on time will help us create a more meaningful learning experience, assist attendees in comprehending all the available material at our education event, and provide a great reference tool. Presenters benefit by providing their audience with a visual aid so attendees can focus more on the content and less on copying slides. A copy of your materials must be uploaded to the Speaker Information Center by Monday, May 8, 2017. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unable to meet this deadline or have difficulty uploading any documents.
- Business attire is appropriate for all educational sessions. Professional demeanor, in both speech and attire, is expected at all times during the conference
- Speakers must use the SCA presentation template for their Title Slide and Disclosures
- Click HERE for the presentation template
- All presentations must be formatted using a 16x9 “widescreen” slide size. To format your presentation in PowerPoint, click the Design tab, Click Slide Size, then click Widescreen
- Speakers must declare all relevant financial relationships on the first slide in the presentation
- List your session objectives on the second slide of the presentation
- Any graphic included in the presentation (i.e. media and video) should be embedded in the presentation file to minimize the file size.
- Create slides to highlight your presentation, not to duplicate exactly what you will say.
- All presentations must be of educational nature, and may not be used to promote products or services.
- Any additional handouts (i.e. case studies, journal articles, etc.) are the speaker's responsibility to print and distribute to attendees. Additional handouts must be approved by SCA’s Echo Week Program Directors.
- It is recommended that you include your contact information on the last slide of your presentation for attendees to contact you with follow-up questions.
- Make good use of color contrast.
- Speakers are encouraged to review the SCA Speaker Handbook in preparation for their session. The Speaker Handbook will be available on the SCA website at a later date.
- Limit the information on a single slide.
- Use a 24 point font as your minimum size - remember, those sitting in the back of the room should still be able to read your slide.
- Please keep in mind that the number of session attendees could range between 75 and 250 people.
- Be consistent in presenting information in an organized, logical manner.
- Do not use more than four colors in your presentation. Avoid red letters, which are difficult for some people to read. The best readability comes from high contrast of intensity rather than by clashes of color.
The general session room will be set with the following equipment:
- 1 LCD Projector
- 1 Laptop Computer or ability to use your own
- 1 Screen
- 1 Podium Microphone/1 Wireless Lavalier Microphone
The Problem Based Learning Discussions will be set with the following equipment:
- 1 LCD Projector
- 1 Screen
- 2 Wireless Lavalier Microphones
- Speakers will utilize their own laptops
Imaging Workshops will be set with the following equipment:
- 1 LCD Projector
- 1 Laptop Computer
- 1 Screen
- Wireless Lavalier Microphones
Please use your cursor on the screen to point out information to attendees; do NOT use a laser pointer as attendees in the room may not be able to seen the screen.
Should your presentation require hardware other than what is noted above, please provide SCA Headquarters, with a list of your specifications by April 3, 2017, by emailing email@example.com.
SCA cannot guarantee A/V requests and will not accept any requests or changes made during the conference.
Room assignments will be printed in the onsite guide available with your speaker registration packet.All educational sessions will be held at the Loews Atlanta Hotel.
Upon Arriving in Atlanta
Check-In at Registration:
- All speakers MUST check in at the Registration Area prior to your presentation; SCA staff will have your name badge and other relevant registration materials.
- All sessions will be recorded at the conference as part of the Echo On Demand product.
Session Arrival: Arrive at your designated session room at least 15-minutes prior to your session starting time.Be sure to bring an additional copy of your presentation on a USB-flash drive.
Help Us Spread the Word!
To help us promote Echo Week 2017, we have created a Web banner and promotional language that can be inserted into your email signatures, added to blogs or used in your other personal social media outlets.
As a presenter, you can help spread the word about this event. Reach out to your industry community of colleagues, co-workers and friends to share your presentation plans!
To add the banner into your e-mail signature or blog, simply copy and paste the graphic below into your editable signature or Web page.
Please note: Most e-mail tools allow you to edit your signature settings, in which case, you would "insert" the image. If you have any questions, please contact SCA headquarters at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you use Outlook, please follow the following steps to add the banner:
- Go to Tools > Options > Mail Format
- Click on Signature
- To edit your current signature, click Edit then copy and paste the banner provided below into the text box
- Hit OK
Please use the promotional language below in communications and feel free to revise it to best suit your personality:
Join me in Atlanta, GA, May 21-26, 2017 for the SCA 20th Annual Echo Week! Echo Week is the premier training event dedicated exclusively to perioperative echo. During the meeting, you will have the unique opportunity to share clinical and practical knowledge with peers and industry experts; gain insight into the latest standards of practice, products and services; and network with fellow cardiothoracic anesthesiology professionals. Visit www.scahq.org/2017EchoWeek to learn more and register today!
If you’re on Facebook, be sure to “like” the SCA page and join the event, Echo Week 2017.If you’re on Twitter, be sure to Tweet throughout the week using the hashtag, #ECHO2017.
Thank you for your continued support and participation. We look forward to seeing you in Atlanta!
The states’ largest city and capital, Atlanta, GA, can boast itself as a thriving business center with an eclectic mix of residents back dropped by a city with southern roots. With a flair for the arts, Atlanta offers visitors and residents a wide selection of museums, classical music venues and a thriving theatre scene. A major city means major sports teams. Catching an Atlanta Falcons, Hawks or Braves game can make for a thrill of a lifetime.
Visit one of the numerous restaurants or tourist attractions Atlanta has to offer. As one of the South’s largest cities, you will never be short of something to experience and enjoy.Whether this is your first visit to Atlanta or you’re a local, there is always something new to see and do in the area. With a plethora of activities, you will not be bored. Make sure to check out the Botanical Garden, Georgia Aquarium, Zoo Atlanta, Georgia Dome and the Martin Luther King Jr. National Historic Site, to name a few.Atlanta has more to offer than the Georgia peaches. While you can certainly find some great traditional meals, make sure to step outside your comfort zone and try something new. With everything from Steakhouses to Southern Cuisine, there are many options when it comes to great food.
For more information, visit Atlanta’s official tourism guide, www.atlanta.net/acvb.
For a list of restaurants in the area, click here.
If you have additional questions, please contact SCA Headquarters at email@example.com.